Thursday, August 31, 2006

Canadian Invasion!!!

So I wake up, which I normally do in the morning.

Buy myself my Rooster Booster light and traipse on over to the office in a zombie like state.

Now everybody knows that despite this being the private sector, we're quite literally only a smidge more efficient than North Korea, which necessitiates that we spend at least 1 hour on the internet answering e-mails and checking up on "stuff" and not making a lick of a contribution to GDP.

Now, a lot of people's "stuff" entails logging on to People Magazine to see if Angelina Jolie is still a psycho or whether or not their fantasy football team did well, because lord knows the people who play that stupid game are so out of shape playing a real game of football literally is a fantasy.

My "stuff" is checking the stats and IP addresses to my blog.

So this morning, I pulled up the stats and POW!!!! This is what came up;



The reason it's odd is because of two reasons;

1. Hits had already broken the daily average and it wasn't even double digits in the morning yet
2. All the hits are from Canada!

So I'm trying to find out what gives.

I originally thought it was our very own Junior Deputy Economist in Canada, Bradman, but upon further investigation it's due to a Canuck named Kate with the catchy-named blog;

SMALL DEAD ANIMALS

"Who doesn't like small dead animals?" I asked myself aloud early this morning. "Hard to hate them," my co-worker said.

That being said, when you explore young Kate's site you notice;

1. She does art for motorcycle helmets

2. She rides a motorcyle

3. She likes America

4. Probably bends towards the free-market side of things

5. Has a blog

6. She's not to shabby looking.

Which led me only to conclude that no doubt she was an imposter! That this is an elaborate ruse by a crafty leftist trying to infiltrate the pro-capitalist, manly, hockey loving, Canadian blogsphere. Certainly couldn't be real, and I must have drank way too much Blue 100 the night before and was still hallucinating.

Regardless, pay young Kate a visit. Gives us traditional 1940's American types hope that not all the girls in the world are watching Desperate Housewives.

OH!

And while I have the entirety of the Canadian nation's attention, tune into my radio show, this Saturday. Broadcasting from the Minnesota state fair, 1-3PM, Central Standard time.

You can listen online by webstreaming; www.am1500.com

Would be cool if a bunch of Canadians called in. Long distance number is 1-877-615-1500.

13 comments:

langmann said...

Yep. Kate is the man (I mean woman). She has one informative blog.

Eh, from a fellow past-economics student. BTW I agree 100% that the world could benefit from Econ being taught (properly) in the basic education system.

Not all of us Canukistanis are left supporting state spoon fed brainwashed imbeciles. In fact there may be an intelligent revolution going on up here.

Anonymous said...

Kate is a Canadian treasure. It is tough being a young Canadian female Conservative, especially in the Toronto area. My daughter shares my love of conservative thinking and fiscal values. It is difficult to find a good conservative man that still has his own teeth. She'd rather wait than date a liberal. They always bring their moms with them on dates.

Anonymous said...

I Love Animals! They're Delicious!

Happy trails from Canada...

Captain Capitalism said...

Whoa whoa whoa. You got to be kidding me, guys have actually brought their mothers on dates?

I'm getting very old. Very very old.

she said: said...

Love the blog. One of my new favorite reads.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your call-in show on Saturday, Captain. I was the one who emailed Kate about you. You're welcome. Langmann, I hope you're right about the intelligent revolution. I sense the same thing. And it's the bloggers who can take a lot of the credit. They're a breath of fresh air!

Karen

Captain Capitalism said...

Jaeger,

The debate is academic since this girl does not exist and is again, an eloborate leftist-driven hoax. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello Captain. Greetings from Ottawa. SDA is a daily destination and boy was I pleased to find your site.

It was good to read (and to see those charts) what I always sensed was true.

Very Junior Deputy Economist.

Doogie said...

I do believe I'm that Winnipeg fellow in your stats there... yes, Kate has made you famous north of 49, Captain. You've made it into my browser favorites and I'll be back.

Alfred T. Mahan said...

And this, oh female figments of the Captain's imagination, is why he's single.

Captain Capitalism said...

WOW!

Well welcome all aboard my Canuck colleagues. Didn't realize SDA had such a pull.

Feel free to call in. I'm going on in about 1 1/2 hours.

Anonymous said...

Gotta respect the Kate!

You made it to my favorite list Captain, I really like the blog. Kate's recommendations carry a lot of weight for some of us up here. Anything she recommends is worth a look.

Anonymous said...

3,358,177

Not an insubstantial hit count, for a girl!

LOL!