Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Captain's Economic Lesson of the Day

Tis August, or late July, I'm writing near the twilight hour. Regardless, it is summer. And if your summer is like mine, it's about 93 degrees, humid and you have been sleeping in the basement because your day is so busy, you haven't gotten around to getting an air conditioner yet...like you promised yourself you would...last year when it was just as hot.

Regardless, I had a little time today and I walked into the Mall of America to meet with a friend for lunch and whilst basking in the air conditioning it occurred to me, "hey, I could get my Christmas shopping done now."

And why not?

Now is the PERFECT time to do your Christmas shopping! Get it out of the way now, before that dreaded weekend after Thanksgiving approaches and it's too late to buy anything at a reasonable price.

Boost your purchasing power and avoid waiting in lines by buying your Christmas gifts in August.

And when Labor Day approaches you can brag, "got my Christmas shopping done this summer" and be the envy of your neighbors.

Therefore today, August 1st (I think), I declare Christmas Shopping Day!

Go forth and be economic in your shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a slave to the free market. At least that's what my peers in college said every chance they could.

Captain Capitalism said...

What they don't realize is that no matter what you do, you are ALWAYS a slave to the free market. For you cannot ignore reality. It's like saying "you're a slave to gravity"...well yeah, how are you not?