Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Real Men Rip Out Their Tags

I was berated one time for ripping out the tag of the back of my shirt by a girl who shall go unnamed. Presumably, I was supposed to let the thing itch the living daylights out of me for years to come.

Of course she says that one can cut it out, but that just makes it worse because then you have a shriveled, jagged tag with the consistency of straw now constantly scratching your back. Then she somehow tries to rationalize this pain and agony by saying, "well at least you won't have a hole that will continue to grow because you've disrupted the fabric."

Now, as I am being pelted in my head, she is telling me (and I quote)

"they have this device in craft stores, and I don't know what it's called, but it can be used to remove tags without ripping the shirt. I think it's called a 'pull the stitches out thingy.'"

Thank you just the same ladies, but I think we true, red-blooded American patriotic men will continue to just rip the tags off our shirts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"they have this device in craft stores, and I don't know what it's called, but it can be used to remove tags without ripping the shirt. I think it's called a 'pull the stitches out thingy.'"


Heh... funny that - craft stores selling something that we already have. They're called teeth!

Anonymous said...

Didn't you hear, Captain? If you rip out your tags, then The Terrorists Win.

Anonymous said...

I use that epitome of high tech. the razor blade. It has other uses too.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just buy shirts without tags?

All of my Banana Republic t-shirts are tag less, and they're a nice fit too.

Justin

Anonymous said...

I think the "pull the stitches out thingy" is actually called a "seam ripper".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seam_ripper

Much safer than a razor blade or knife, but danger is part of the male mystique, correct?

I try to borrow my wife's when I need one, but I never can seem to find it, so I use a utility knife.