Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Brilliant Romance Advice From the Captain

Flowers are a waste of time, however, if you insist on buying your girl flowers, do so on a day it is not to be.

For example, Tuesdays are great days to get your lovely some flowers.

She will say, "Why did I get flowers?"

And you will say, "Because it's Tuesday, babe."

And for a fraction of the cost it would cost you on Valentines Day, you've impressed her 100x's more than when you were "supposed" to buy her flowers.

This has been a public service announcement by the Captain

6 comments:

CBMTTek said...

Wonderful advice. I have been doing that for years.

Can't remember the last time my sweetie got a present on her birthday, or VD, or Christmas even. But, she does get gifts many times, randomly, throughout the year.

I know way too many couples that could not care less about their partners, but come Christmas, no expense is too much. Sad really.

Bike Bubba said...

I've been doing this for 15 years...ever since I noticed that I could get roses for $10 a dozen any time of year except for the week before Valentine's Day, when they go up significantly.

Thankfully the florists of the world react to higher demand, so the difference isn't as high as it used to be, but still...

DaveH said...

My method was to pick a song that was played infrequently on the radio. If it comes on while you are driving - stop and get the wife some flowers.

Don't pick a modern top 10 hit!

Anonymous said...

Another great example of how behaving contrary to conventional "wisdom" leads to greater fun and greater profit.

Anonymous said...

This strategy should also help guys to avoid the biggest waste of money ever created...god damned jewelry!!

Anonymous said...

CBMTTek says,
"Can't remember the last time my sweetie got a present on her birthday, or VD...."

I always give my sweetie a present on her birthday and my sweetie never got VD.