Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Captain Saves a Soul

I have done my good deed for the day! Received this in the e-mail box

Captain,

I heard about your book through Dalrock's blog and, being a man in his early thirties with some college money coming his way from Uncle Sam, eagerly purchased it. I burned through it in a night, taking copious notes, but really, I'm surprised I hadn't seen it all to begin with. Supply and demand is everything in human life, whether it's preparing to enter the working world with marketable skills or pulling the 8 at the bar with better quality game than the other schmucks. I curse the world for not teaching me about this when I was young, just as I curse myself for not seeking out this information myself in all the time since. But for $5, you saved me from making a (at this point) permanent mistake, and for that I thank you.

I was a little surprised to find the anti-feminist (more like pro-common sense) bit you slipped in during the mythbusting segment. I hope the young women (hell, even the young men at this point) that do find this book in their hands take that bit to heart. A feminist undone could well be a marriage saved in the future, who knows?

- Daniel

"Worthless" saves the day again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity capt'n, how may copies have you sold. If you could get it out in the KOBO format I would buy it. - minuteman

Anonymous said...

"So when men outnumber women in colleges, women are being denied opportunities. And when women outnumber men in colleges, women have a shortage of eligible peer men to compete for because men are “slacking” and not “manning up”. "

Yeah, if its the men that have to compete for scarce women, well that's just how it goes...but women having to compete for the men?!?!

/0


hahahahaha