Monday, January 30, 2012

Last Christian Standing - Compliment or Shot Across the Bow

From The Last Christian Standing:

Captain Capitalism has left the church and now lives with the fruits of nihilism: a clear minded despair and misanthropy moderated by the use of cheap liquor

I only posted this because:

1. It's forcing me to look up two different words - nihilism and misanthropy
2. It's one of those things I don't know if it was meant to be a compliment or an insult
3. Even if it was intended as a good-hearted insult, I'm predicting it will still probably be taken as a compliment.

Will report back once I look up dem der fancy words.

Post post - Not only was he accurate, it was a genuine compliment too! Thanks LCS!

PS - Rumpleminze isn't cheap.

7 comments:

Ryan Fuller said...

You didn't know what nihilism and misanthropy meant?

Captain Capitalism said...

I thought it had something to do with annihilation, some something with the latin base word of destroy. Kind of close, but no, no idea what those things meant. Kafka is another character I come across frequently, but have no clue about who he was and why I keep running into him in philosophical circles.

Legion said...

My understanding of Kafka is that he must of taken a lot of drugs to have written all the crazy things attributed to him. That's as much as I care about him.

CBMTTek said...

You missed #4.
Rumpie is not cheap liquor.

Chris said...

Hey, in my defense I don't drink Rumple. I drink Craft Beer or Wine, and not much of either. But I use words like this when relaxed. I have to think to turn them into plain English, so my bad.

Don't think I'm the last Christian Standing... you are being far too nice. And 300 + hits today, so thanks!

PS. I had to take thet Grerp quote and use it. The woman, like Alte, Svar and Will, produce such good ones :-)

Anonymous said...

Read Kafka's "Trial" for a 1920s era prevision of the methods of the EPA, IRS, family court....

ScottH said...

Be a Nihilist, dude. Just don't dress like these clowns and for God's sake don't get a pet marmot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2qP-xQ_7o