Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Captain's Scary Bedtime Story!

I remember as a kid watching Poltergeist and not being able to sleep for about ohhhhhh....7 months.

Scared the living hell out of me.

Since then, about 30 years has passed and I was OK going back to bed without my blue Cookie Monster doll who served as a security blanket.

Until I saw this.

My mom has reliably informed me she threw out my Cookie Monster doll and I am going to have to go to bed on my own and deal with the ungodly nightmares that will no doubt ensue.

5 comments:

Country Lawyer said...

There are better things to take to bed with you for comfort than cookie monsters

Izanpo said...

Don't feel bad, Cappy. Poltergeist was (and still is) a very scary movie.

You know what makes it scary? That little midget broad whispering in the dark....stuff like, "these people are not a part of consciousness as we know it"

Anonymous said...

Sweet chocolate Christ in a birch bark canoe, what the HELL is that!?

Captain Capitalism said...

Country Lawyer, whatever are you talking about?

heresolong said...

For me it was Carrie (the original).