Friday, April 20, 2012

School Is Prison for Intelligent Kids

Schools exist first and foremost to employ people (read teacher union members)

Schools exist second to employ support staff (the billions of other "social workers" "counselors" "assistant reserve vice principle" needed to support said teachers)

Schools exist third to act as effective day care operations for children, the parents of which had and completely underestimated how much it would take to raise a kid and just decided to make the taxpayer pay for baby sitting.

Schools exist lastly to educate those precious little pawns...errr...chilllllldreeeeen.

And so, it is nice to know that somebody came up with the exact same observation I did as a 2nd grader:

Schools are functionally similar to concentration camps for children. The relationship between students and teachers is therefore equivalent to that between concentration camp inmates and their guards and overseers.

5 comments:

Victor Pride said...

"School is prison for intelligent kids"

Absolutely, 100% right. As far as I am concerned, home schooling is the only option if you have children.

Anonymous said...

It is worse than that. Prisons are graduate schools for criminals: they produce better criminals. Schools stupidify the children. All of these ni-i-i-ce little women teachers - they bore the students silly (we need sharia; and ni-i-ce little women in burquas so we can't see their stupid vicious faces). So some of the students develop "ADHD" and are then drugged into zombie-hood. Others go off by themselves and get into drugs.

One of the more adaptive tactics I have heard of: the "cool" male students congregate at the back of the classroom, refuse to do homework, and try not to get higher than a C. They concentrate on sports and girls (sensible, after all). The male student who works hard will be called "gay".

If I sound a little worked up about "ni-i=ice little women" it is because I am currently participating in a review of a lady in one of the more senior positions of my institution, who has numerous ni-i-ice little women working for her. Well!!!! It is like "Lord of the Flies", watching them savage their (perfectly capable and amiable) boss!

Anonymous said...

And this is why i started drinking at age 11.

Enjoy the decline.

Have a song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se9rfWucgeY

Free Northerner said...

You learned this early too, did you.

I knew the public schools didn't care about me at all from a young age, but I never quite understood the reason.

The best analysis of this I've seen of the effect of public schools is Rand's The Comprachicos.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/51894820/Ayn-Rand-The-Comprachicos

Don't agree with her on a lot of things, but that is one of the best descriptions of what public school does I've read.

Cul-De-Sac Hero said...

I remember the exact moment that I realized I was smarter than the teacher in Grade 1. I threw some irrefutable logic at her (something about the remote possibility that martians might exist if life evolved to breath the air there) and she sort of tilted her head to the side and repeated the lesson that nothing lives on Mars because there is no oxygen to breath. I let it drop wondering if this is what it was going to be like for the rest of my life (it was).

I still have no choice but to send my own kids to public school. They have to suffer, just like I did.

I've never gotten over the habit of using logic to refute arguments of women even though it is often detremental to my relations with them and gets me nowhere. It's just too much fun to see that look on their faces.